Get Connected With Equinox Integrative Wellness Center To Know The Details
PRP is basically plasma with many more platelets than what is typically found in blood. The concentration of platelets and, thereby, the concentration of growth factors can be 5 to 10 times greater than usual. The most effective platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment is available at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center, in which a portion of the patient’s own blood having a platelet concentration above baseline, to boost healing of injured tendons, ligaments, muscles, and joints, can be applied to various musculoskeletal problems. Platelet rich plasma injections have improved function and reduced pain to various health issues; but not restricted to elbow, wrist, shoulder, hip, knee, and ankle tendonitis. The platelets are injected into the abnormal tissue, releasing growth factors that recruit and increase the proliferation of reparative cells; after being centrifuged.
Equinox Integrative Wellness Center Is Using PRP For The Conditions:
- A torn ligament.
- A bulging or herniated disc.
- Sacroiliac problems.
- Sciatica or sciatic nerve pain.
- PRP can be carefully injected into the injured area.
- Arthritis or osteoarthritis, especially those with degenerative knee cartilage.
- Injuries due to sports or exercising (such “tennis elbow,” plantar fasciitis in runners, or common injuries affecting the rotator cuff).
- Chronic pain in the neck, lower back, knees or shoulders.
- Instability, loss of balance, stiffness, and loss of flexibility or range of motion.
Functioning Of PRP Therapy:
Stage 1. Collect Blood- It’s the primary step in which 30-60ml blood is drawn from the patient’s arm for the further treatment.
Stage 2. The Platelets Separation- That blood is then placed in a centrifuge which spins and separate the platelets from the rest of the blood components.
Stage 3. Extract Platelet-Rich Plasma- After separating the platelets, there will be platelet-poor plasma, platelet-rich plasma, and red blood cells. Extract 3-6ml platelet-rich plasma.
Stage 4. Inject Injured Areas- In the last phase of the treatment, we increase the growth factors up to eight times which promotes temporary relief and stops inflammation by using the concentrated platelets.