Get The Complete Wellness Program At Equinox Integrative Wellness Center
The shoulder is a typical source of disability resulting from traumatic and degenerate tears of the rotator cuff, subacromial impingement, and osteoarthritis. If you have general shoulder pain, loss of range of motion, pain while making overhead motions, a “catching” feeling in your shoulder, or weakness, you could have a labral tear. Equinox Integrative Wellness Center is dedicated to treating shoulder labral tears through the most effective PRP For Shoulder Labral Tear.
What Are The Facts About PRP For Shoulder Labral Tear?
Blood is made up of four main components; plasma, red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. Each part plays a role in keeping your body functioning properly. While white blood cells help the body fight infection and disease, Platelets act as wound and injury healers. They are first on the scene at an injury, clotting to stop any bleeding and immediately helping to regenerate new tissue in the wounded area.
- Latest treatments and advances in PRP Injection Therapy are giving new hope to people suffering from osteoarthritis, Shoulder Labral Tears, chronic pain or sport-related injuries.
- When an injury occurs, the damaged cells and exposed collagen proteins stimulate an inflammatory process. Platelets are the primary cells to arrive at the affected site and release growth factors which start the healing procedure.
- PRP Injection Therapy is a natural and cost-effective alternative to surgery; designed to rebuild cartilage, repair torn meniscus, and ligaments, and reduce swelling and pain.
- The treatment involves collecting a small amount of your blood, spinning it in a centrifuge to separate the blood platelets.
- The collected platelets are then injected back into the injured area to stimulate healing and regeneration.