Platelet-rich-plasma helps to trigger regeneration from within and can be combined with other healing modalities. A growing number of people are turning to PRP injections to treat an expanding list of orthopaedic conditions, including osteoarthritis. Equinox Integrative Wellness Center is providing the best PRP Arthritis Treatment in Vancouver. PRP is a type of therapy at the forefront of regenerative medicine. PRP has been shown to be effective in treating lingering arthritis, tendonitis, and joint pain as well as using various cosmetic and aesthetic treatments.
PRP Therapy Helps To:
- Reduce pain.
- Improve joint function.
- Repair damage to cartilage.
What Is Platelets-Rich-Plasma?
- Like red and white blood cells, platelets are a normal component of blood, which help the blood to clot; a person with defective platelets or too few platelets will bleed excessively from a cut.
- Plasma is the liquid component of blood; which is the medium for red and white blood cells and other material travelling in the bloodstream. Plasma is typically water but also includes proteins, nutrients, glucose, and antibodies, among other elements.
- Platelet Rich Plasma is derived from a sample of the patient’s own blood. The therapeutic injections include plasma with a higher concentration of platelets than found in normal blood.
Process Of PRP Arthritis Treatment:
PRP can also promote muscle healing, as well as provide significant pain relief in arthritic joints.
- The procedure of platelet-rich-plasma treatment at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center is fairly simple.
- Platelet-rich plasma is collected by first drawing a patient’s blood.
- That blood is then spun down to separate the red blood cells from the plasma.
- The platelets-rich layer of that plasma is extricated, concentrated, and re-injected into the damaged tissue.
- Platelet-rich-plasma then triggers a natural healing response by the body.