A Cure to All of Your Problems at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment is a technique where the non-aligned blood is taken from a patient’s body usually from the fat tissues or bone marrow and then injected into the other affected part of the body. At Equinox Integrative Wellness Center, the idea behind injecting PRP into damaged tissues is to stimulate your body to grow new, healthy cells and promote healing.
As the tissue growth rate is more in prepared growth injections, specialists at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center think the body’s tissues may heal faster. PRP tissues are used due to their high growth factors in the healing of a damaged tissue. These produce collagen and works by naturally triggering localized inflammation and other regenerative processes.
The goal of PRP therapy is to form new blood vessels, tighten, repair and strengthen the damaged tissues or the joints.
Important Features Of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment Are:
- The concentration of the growth factors from the PRP treatment has proven to be 5 to 10 times richer than usual as it contains plasma with other platelets which are typically found in blood.
- For the patient undergoing PRP treatment, the blood must be drawn from his/her body.
- The platelets are separated from other blood cells, and their concentration is increased during a process called centrifugation.
- The increased concentration of platelets is then combined with the remaining blood.
- And when it’s the final stage of the treatment, PRP is injected carefully into the injured area.
PRP is used to improve healing after surgery for some injuries. The therapy works by maximizing the number of platelets while minimizing the number of red blood cells in a solution which is injected into the injured area.