Meet The Specialists At Equinox Integrative Wellness Center To Know The Details!
A concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury that may be caused by a blow to the head or body, a fall, or another injury that shakes the brain inside the skull. Most people fully recover from a concussion. Some people recover within a few hours. Other people take a few weeks to recover. Reach Equinox Integrative Wellness Center whenever you realize the signs and symptoms of the concussion.
In some of the rare cases, concussions cause more serious problems. Repeated concussions or a severe concussion may lead to long-lasting problems with movement, learning, or speaking. Most individuals with a concussion recover well from symptoms experienced at the time of the injury. But for some people, symptoms can last for days, weeks, or longer. In general, recovery may be slower among older adults, young children, and teens. Those who have had a concussion in the past are also at risk of having another one. Some of them may also find that it takes longer to recover if they have another concussion. The signs and symptoms of a concussion can be difficult to sort out, but Equinox Integrative Wellness Center is dedicated to providing the best treatment services to the patients.
- A mild concussion may involve no loss of consciousness or a very brief loss of consciousness.
- A serious concussion may contain prolonged loss of consciousness with a delayed return to normal.
Signs Of The Concussion:
- Urge to vomit.
- Mood changes.
- Ringing in the ears.
- Changes in sleep patterns.
- Loss of sense of smell or taste.
- Getting lost or easily confused.
- Blurred vision or eyes that tire easily.
- A headache or neck pain that does not go away.
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or loss of balance.
- Slowness in thinking, speaking, acting, or reading.
- Increased sensitivity to lights, sounds, or distractions.
- Difficulty remembering, concentrating, or making decisions.
- Feeling tired all of the time, having no energy or motivation.