———– HIP LABRAL TEAR ———–
Labral tears often cause pain in the groin or front of the hip during physical activity or with deep flexion and rotation of the hip. Few people having labral tears of the hip will also have clicking or a sense of catching deep within the hip during certain activities. Treatment of a hip labral tear at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center depends on the severity of the symptoms and the specific characteristics of the tear, as well as your age and hip joint health.
What Is Labral Tear Exactly?
The labrum is basically a rim of soft tissue or fibrocartilage that surrounds the hip socket. The labrum adds to the stability of the hip by deepening the socket and protects the joint surface. The labrum can tear for many reasons. Some people get a torn labrum from falls or car accidents. Sports that require regular rotation of the hip; like golf, soccer, hockey, and ballet also increase the risk.
Symptoms Of The Hip Labral Tear:
- Feeling of instability.
- Generalized hip joint pain.
- Anterior (front) groin pain.
- Popping, locking, or snapping of the hip.
Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection For Hip Labral Tear!
- Platelets are blood cells that help to form blood clots. Platelets extracted from your blood and injected into the hip joint may help this tissue to heal more quickly.
- Specialists at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center take a small amount of your blood; typically from a vein in your arm for this process and use a small machine called a centrifuge to spin the blood sample at very high speeds, extracting the platelets.
- This process takes about a few minutes. The resulting platelet liquid, called plasma, is then injected into the hip joint.
- Platelet-rich plasma helps speed healing by attracting specific types of cells to the site of injury. These cells encourage regrowth of healthy tissue and may improve the condition of a torn labrum, relieving pain.