———– CONCUSSION SPECIALIST VANCOUVER ———–
Reach Equinox Integrative Wellness Center For The Complete Health Assistance!
A concussion can be simply defined as a disruption in neurological functioning following a slight or significant impact to the head or elsewhere on the body, which leads to a biochemical imbalance within brain cells as well as declined blood flow and temporary energy deficits within the brain. If you are looking for a Concussion Specialist Vancouver, then Equinox Integrative Wellness Center is perfectly the right option to choose.
Concussion Management By Equinox Integrative Wellness Center In Vancouver!
The biggest concern surrounding concussions comes from the energy deficit that occurs in the brain following injury. When the brain is in this low energy state, it has been well established that the brain is extremely vulnerable to additional trauma, where even smaller impacts can lead to another concussion; and these second concussions can result in severe brain injuries with potentially permanent or fatal outcomes.
The problem is that symptoms do not coincide with brain recovery. The only way to know when the brain has fully recovered and out of this “vulnerable period” is to compare current brain function to when the individual was healthy; this is what is known as a “baseline test”; which is the most important thing to get done prior to beginning your sports season on a yearly basis. Our specialist, the only of its kind in BC, will assess the body’s equilibrium system (cerebello-vestibular) and eye movements (cortical and autonomic), utilizing the latest technology in the field of Brain Plasticity, in order to detect the dysfunctional pathways of the brain.
After a thorough investigation using Video-Oculography, Neurosensory Integration Assessment, then our specialist will use the latest technology for rehabilitation of the dysfunctional and interrupted pathways. Treatments such as tongue stimulation (PONs), Galvanic Vestibular Stimulation, Specific Ocular Exercises targeting right or left brain and other high tech balance enhancement to specifically rebuild plasticity of the damaged pathways of the brain.
Call Us At 604-281-0616 Today To Meet The Concussion Specialist In Vancouver!
———– HIP LABRAL TEAR ———–
Labral tears often cause pain in the groin or front of the hip during physical activity or with deep flexion and rotation of the hip. Few people having labral tears of the hip will also have clicking or a sense of catching deep within the hip during certain activities. Treatment of a hip labral tear at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center depends on the severity of the symptoms and the specific characteristics of the tear, as well as your age and hip joint health.
What Is Labral Tear Exactly?
The labrum is basically a rim of soft tissue or fibrocartilage that surrounds the hip socket. The labrum adds to the stability of the hip by deepening the socket and protects the joint surface. The labrum can tear for many reasons. Some people get a torn labrum from falls or car accidents. Sports that require regular rotation of the hip; like golf, soccer, hockey, and ballet also increase the risk.
Symptoms Of The Hip Labral Tear:
- Feeling of instability.
- Generalized hip joint pain.
- Anterior (front) groin pain.
- Popping, locking, or snapping of the hip.
Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection For Hip Labral Tear!
- Platelets are blood cells that help to form blood clots. Platelets extracted from your blood and injected into the hip joint may help this tissue to heal more quickly.
- Specialists at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center take a small amount of your blood; typically from a vein in your arm for this process and use a small machine called a centrifuge to spin the blood sample at very high speeds, extracting the platelets.
- This process takes about a few minutes. The resulting platelet liquid, called plasma, is then injected into the hip joint.
- Platelet-rich plasma helps speed healing by attracting specific types of cells to the site of injury. These cells encourage regrowth of healthy tissue and may improve the condition of a torn labrum, relieving pain.
Get Connected With Us At 604-281-0616 To Know More!
———– VAMPIRE SKIN TREATMENT ———-
Reach Equinox Integrative Wellness Center To Know The Facts!
Vampire Skin Treatment is also known as PRP Therapy (Platelet Rich Plasma) which is a non-surgical treatment used to treat wrinkles and rejuvenate the face. Equinox Integrative Wellness Center is the perfect option for vampire skin treatment, whereby our expert team of doctors injects platelet-rich plasma taken from your own blood back into multiple areas of your face. It involves extracting a couple of dessert spoons of a patient’s blood from their arm and spinning it in a centrifuge to separate the plasma; the fluid part from the red and white blood cells. The concentrated plasma, which is rich in platelets; the part of the blood rich with growth factors; is then injected into the face.
How Does Vampire Skin Treatment Work At Equinox Integrative Wellness Center?
- The therapy starts with the blood being taken from your own body and put into a centrifuge machine to separate the blood cells, serum and platelets.
- These separated platelets are then injected directly back into the face or the area of the body in need of rejuvenation.
- Platelets deliver growth factors that help the body repair itself by stimulating cells to regenerate new tissue. It also encourages healthy skin growth and collagen production so skin appears plumper and more vibrant.
- The Vampire facial can be used to improve skin texture, lines, and wrinkles
This is a completely safe and natural treatment using only fluids taken from your own body in a clinically sterile environment. It is highly effective at improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage and dull, worn-out looking skin. It uses your own blood so there are little to no side effects and no risk of rejection.
Contact Us At 604-281-0616 For More Details!
————— PRP TREATMENT —————
Get Connected With Equinox Integrative Wellness Center To Know The Details!
PRP is basically plasma with many more platelets than what is typically found in blood. The concentration of platelets and, thereby, the concentration of growth factors can be 5 to 10 times greater than usual. The most effective platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment is available at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center, in which a portion of the patient’s own blood having a platelet concentration above baseline, to boost healing of injured tendons, ligaments, muscles, and joints, can be applied to various musculoskeletal problems. Platelet-rich plasma injections have improved function and reduced pain to various health issues; but not restricted to elbow, wrist, shoulder, hip, knee, and ankle tendonitis. The platelets are injected into the abnormal tissue, releasing growth factors that recruit and increase the proliferation of reparative cells; after being centrifuged.
Equinox Integrative Wellness Center Is Using PRP For The Conditions:
- A torn ligament.
- A bulging or herniated disc.
- Sacroiliac problems.
- Sciatica or sciatic nerve pain.
- PRP can be carefully injected into the injured area.
- Arthritis or osteoarthritis, especially those with degenerative knee cartilage.
- Injuries due to sports or exercising (such “tennis elbow,” plantar fasciitis in runners, or common injuries affecting the rotator cuff).
- Chronic pain in the neck, lower back, knees or shoulders.
- Instability, loss of balance, stiffness, and loss of flexibility or range of motion.
Functioning Of PRP Therapy:
Stage 1. Collect Blood- It’s the primary step in which 30-60ml blood is drawn from the patient’s arm for the further treatment.
Stage 2. The Platelets Separation- That blood is then placed in a centrifuge which spins and separate the platelets from the rest of the blood components.
Stage 3. Extract Platelet-Rich Plasma- After separating the platelets, there will be platelet-poor plasma, platelet-rich plasma, and red blood cells. Extract 3-6ml platelet-rich plasma.
Stage 4. Inject Injured Areas- In the last phase of the treatment, we increase the growth factors up to eight times which promotes temporary relief and stops inflammation by using the concentrated platelets.
Contact Us At 604-281-0616 For More Details!
———- PRP THERAPY ———-
Contact Equinox Integrative Wellness Center For The Best Health Assistance!
Platelet-rich plasma is basically referred to “PRP”, which is human blood that is spun down and separated producing a concentration of platelets above normal values. Platelets are the important cells of our blood having the great potential in enhancing healing of muscle, tendon, and ligaments. According to the specialists At Equinox Integrative Wellness Center; growth factors released by platelets recruit reparative cells, may augment tissue repair, and accelerate soft tissue healing. PRP treatment has been used in surgery to augment shoulder rotator cuff and Achilles tendon repair.
Why Choose Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment?
Platelets are naturally extremely rich in the connective tissue growth and healing factors. The body’s first response to tissue injury is to deliver platelets to the area. Platelets initiate repair and attract stem cells to the injury. Injecting these growth factors into damaged ligaments, tendons, and joints stimulate the natural repair procedure. In order to maximize the healing process, the platelets must be concentrated and separated from the red blood cells. The goal of PRP is to maximize the number of platelets while minimizing the number of red blood cells in a solution that is injected into the injured or pained areas. In summary, Our PRP therapy creates, stimulates, and accelerates the body’s natural healing process.
Equinox Integrative Wellness Center Treats These Conditions With PRP
PRP treatment works most effectively for:
- Lumbar and cervical facet dysfunction and pain.
- Rotator cuff injuries, including partial-thickness.
- Patellofemoral syndrome and patellar tendonitis.
- Knee, hip, and another joint osteoarthritis.
- Achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis.
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction and pain.
- Nerve entrapment syndromes.
- Shoulder pain and instability.
- Knee sprains and instability.
- Tennis and golfer’s elbow.
- Hamstring and hip strains.
- Lumbar spine disc pain.
- Ankle sprains.
Furthermore, PRP Therapy can be effective for many cases of osteoarthritis by stimulating healing of cartilage and reducing pain and disability which includes:
- Shoulder arthritis.
- Knee arthritis.
- Ankle arthritis.
- Hip joint arthritis.
Contact Us At 604-281-0616 For Further Info!
—– PRP JOINT TREATMENT VANCOUVER —–
The Complete Wellness Program By Equinox Integrative Wellness Center!
Looking for a safe and non-surgical treatment for tendon injuries and joint issues in Vancouver? Get connected with Equinox Integrative Wellness Center for the perfect solution that utilizes the healing properties of platelets from your own blood to help jumpstart the healing process and oftentimes delivering profound pain relief. We are dedicated to providing our patients with some of the most comprehensive PRP therapy. Platelet-rich plasma therapy is designed to take advantage of the blood’s natural healing properties to repair damaged cartilage, tendons, ligaments, muscles, or even bone.
Tendons are the rope-like structures that connect muscle to bone, allowing the bone to move. When a tendon is first injured, it can become inflamed, swollen and painful. This injury is often experienced in sports such as tennis, baseball, football, and any other sport that requires repetitive throwing motions.
What Is PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) Therapy Process?
Our blood is composed of the same key components: red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma, and platelets. Platelets are the important component that PRP therapy relies on to potentially heal chronic injuries and relieve pain.
Conditions Equinox Integrative Wellness Center Treat With PRP Therapy!
PRP therapy has been applied to an array of musculoskeletal injuries and has exhibited positive results in most, although further clinical trials are necessary to better understand ideal applications. We are using this innovative and minimally invasive approach to treat a wide range of conditions and areas of pain, including:
- Chronic tendonitis or tendinosis in the elbow, hip, or knee, foot and ankle.
- Acute ligament and muscle injuries in athletes.
- Hip, knee and shoulder pain.
- Common sports injuries.
- Neck and back pain.
- Joint arthritis.
- Muscle tears.
Call Us At 604-281-0616 To Know More About PRP Treatment
For Tendon Injuries And Joint Pain!
—- PRP FACIAL WEST VANCOUVER BC —-
An Effective Anti-Aging Therapy At Equinox Integrative Wellness Center!
PRP facial treatment by Equinox Integrative Wellness Center is highly a sought-after non-surgical procedure for facial and skin rejuvenation. The therapy uses your own blood platelets to stimulate new cell growth, helping to improve your complexion, skin texture and to restore lost facial volume. The simple process coupled with PRP’s vast scope of healing makes it one of the most significant advances in modern medicine.
Factors Involved In Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Facial Treatment!
The blood is essentially made up of four components; red blood cells, white blood cells, the plasma and the platelets.
We take your blood at the very first stage of the treatment and spin it in a centrifuge, which enables the separation of the blood cells from your plasma and platelets.
Then it is re-injected into the skin to stimulate collagen and new skin cells.
PRP controls the beneficial functions of the patient’s own platelets and therefore there is no risk of allergy or rejection of the treatment.
Process For Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)Treatment!
Phase 1. Collect Blood- It’s the primary stage of PRP therapy, in which 30-60ml blood is drawn from the patient’s arm for the further treatment.
Phase 2. Separate The Platelets- The blood collected in the initial step of therapy is then positioned in a centrifuge which revolves and separate the platelets from the rest of the blood components.
Phase 3. Extract Platelet-Rich Plasma- After separating the platelets, there are platelet-poor plasma, platelet-rich plasma, and red blood cells. 3-6ml platelet-rich plasma is extracted for the further processing.
Phase 4. PRP Injection For The Injured Areas- During the last phase of the treatment at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center, we increase the growth factors up to eight times which promotes temporary relief and stops inflammation by using the concentrated platelets.
If You’re Getting Started Facial PRP Right Now, Give Us A Call At 604-281-0616!
—- PLATELET RICH PLASMA THERAPY CANADA COST —-
Contact Equinox Integrative Wellness Center For The Entire Details!
PRP is an innovative regenerative medical treatment option available at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center. It’s beneficial for joint, ligament, tendon pain, injuries and arthritis wear, and tear. Patient’s own blood Growth Factors and Stem Cells can help him/her expedite the healing of the injured areas. Platelet Rich Plasma therapy enables the body to experience the advantage of the normal healing pathways at a greatly accelerated rate.
- Safety: PRP is a by-product of the patient’s own blood, therefore, disease transmission is not an issue.
- Convenience: PRP can be generated in the doctor’s office while the patient is undergoing an outpatient surgical procedure, such as placement of dental implants.
- Faster healing Therapy: The supersaturation of the wound with PRP, and thus growth factors, generates an increase of tissue synthesis and thus quick tissue regeneration.
- Ease of use: PRP is easy to handle and actually improves the ease of application of bone substitute materials and bone grafting products by making them more gel-like.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is blood plasma that has been enriched with natural platelets, stem cells, and growth factors and contains plasma with a higher concentration of platelets than found in normal blood. Platelet-rich plasma is injected into damaged tissue to help boost healing and reduce pain.
- Conditions that can be treated with PRP include osteoarthritis, tendonitis, running injuries, trauma or impact injuries, chronic pain and even hair loss.
How Does PRP Treatment Work?
Step 1. Collect Blood.
Step 2. Separate The Platelets.
Step 3. Extract Platelet-Rich Plasma.
Step 4. PRP Injection For The Injured Areas.
It is an innovative non-surgical treatment option that helps to reduce pain by naturally promoting long-lasting healing of musculoskeletal conditions.
You Can Call Us At 604-281-0616 Or Email At firstname.lastname@example.org To Get Started With Us!
Labral Tear PRP Treatment
The Effective Therapy At Equinox Integrative Wellness Center
PRP is a regenerative medical treatment option and a beneficial technique for joint, ligament, tendon pain, injuries and arthritis wear, and tear. Equinox Integrative Wellness Center is providing the reliable labral tear prp treatment in Vancouver. It is used for a wide range of musculoskeletal problems. The therapy increases the body’s natural capability to cure itself and is used to boost healing and shorten recovery time from terrible and chronic soft tissue injuries.
How Does Labral Tear PRP Treatment Work?
- PRP therapy takes approximately a few minutes to complete and begins with the collection of 30-60 milliliters of the patient’s blood.
- The blood sample is then placed in a centrifuge to separate the platelet-rich plasma from the other components of whole blood.
- The specialists at Equinox Integrative Wellness Center then inject the concentrated platelets into the site of the injury often using ultrasound guidance for accuracy. Platelets act as a natural reservoir for growth factors that are essential to repair injured tissues.
- The growth factors that the platelets secrete stimulate tissue recovery by increasing collagen production, enhancing tendon stem cell proliferation, and tenocyte-related gene and protein expression.
- The involved growth factors also stimulate blood flow and cause cartilage to become more firm and resilient.
- PRP activates tenocytes to proliferate quickly and produce collagen to repair injured tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and muscles.
- The patient will feel a notable increase in pain in the days immediately following the injection. Pain intensity becomes less each day as functional mobility and general functional ability increase along with endurance and strength.
- You will notice a gradual improvement in a few weeks after Labral Tear PRP therapy.
Contact Us At 604-281-0616 Or Email At email@example.com For More Details!